As a mumma it can be hard to find time to run to the store and stock up on groceries. And when you do sometimes you get too busy and forget some of those things you put in the fridge…(or maybe that’s just a me problem?)
Then one day you open the fruit drawer and realize you forgot about those delicious berries that you bought on sale! Now they need to be consumed quickly or they’ll go to waste. Fear not mumma, that’s where this recipe will save the day!
I love finding ways to save money and time by reusing things and giving them new life. Like that milk that’s about to spoil? Turn it into yogurt! That fruit that you forgot about? Bake it into something delicious! And that’s what this one’s about. Take any berry, apple, pear or pitted fruit in your fridge that’s about to spoil and quickly turn it into something warm, yummy and magical.
Oh and don’t worry too much about the presentation, what it lacks in show it makes up for in taste. I promise! Enjoy!
2 cups pitted cherries
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1 cup flour
1/3 cup oats
1 stick butter
1/4 tsp of salt
1/2 a tsp of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Butter inside of baking pan (leave out to soften but do not melt.)
3. Make crumble by combining flour, butter, and half the oats. Crumble by hand until you get a sand like texture.
4. Add brown sugar, salt and cinnamon to the crumble and mix in by hand. Set aside.
5. Toss cherries in white sugar and place in baking pan, spread out evenly.
6. Add the crumble to the top of the cherries evenly.
7. Sprinkle the last half of oats over top.
8. Bake in oven 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 to 50 min until top begins to turn golden brown.
9. Enjoy a la mode or top with vanilla ice cream! So yummy!