Teething…where do I start? Lack of sleep, fighting naps, extra cuddles and lots of crying; oh and baby was uncomfortable too!
I was a mess when my poor babe started teething! If only mummas cuddles could soothe her teething pain! The only thing that seemed to help was a cold washcloth for her to suck on and a hard teething biscuit… which tastes much better than a wash cloth if you ask me.
Instead of heading to the store to buy something I wasn’t sure would help, I spent just about 20 minutes in the kitchen and ended up with something we both could enjoy. These teething biscuits are so tasty she even felt the need to share with her puppy!
Mumma approved, baby approved and puppy approved, I think you’ll approve too!
1 cup Steel Cut Oats (ground optional)
1 cup All Purpose Flour
2 large ripe bananas
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Cinnamon
1. Using a large bowl add oatmeal, flour, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon and bananas. Mash together with a fork until mixture is a soft moist consistency.
2. Roll dough out until about 1/4th inch thickness.
3. Cut dough using cookie cutters or roll into 1 inch thick 2 inch long bars for easy gripping for baby. If using cookie cutters be sure to smooth edges of dough for clean looking biscuits.
4. Bake biscuits at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until edges starts to brown.
5. Let sit 24 hours to harden (optional.)