Check out this super easy two ingredient tasty treat for any occasion! This easy to share pull-a-part heart only takes about 30 minutes total including prep time. Perfect for mummas with little to no time to spend in the kitchen.
You’re welcome 😊.
- 1 box puff pastry (2 sheets per box)
- Nutella Hazelnut Spread – Click Here To Buy From Amazon
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Take out frozen puff pastry and let it sit (counter top) about 30 min so it’s easy to work with.
- Trace out large heart shape in parchment paper and cut out shape.
- Open box of puff pastry and unfold both sheets to lay flat over parchment paper.
- Place your heart shaped parchment paper cut out over pastry and use pizza cutter to trace around the edges.
- Repeat for the second sheet of pastry. So you end up with 2 heart shaped pastries.
- Keep extra pastry edges to make other smaller hearts if you wish. Or use cookie cutter to mold other shapes like the flowers I made (see video).
- Spoon out 4-6 tablespoons of Nutella and spread over the top of 1 heart (See Picture Below).
- Place second heart over top of Nutella heart and pinch the edges down so both hearts stick together.
- Roll the extra pastry left from your cut outs and cut out a smaller heart to top the center of your pastry (watch video for reference.)
- Starting at the bottom, slice UP from the point of the heart almost to the center. Continue making slices all the way around the heart, about 1 inch apart. (See Photo Under Step 12)
**DO NOT slice all the way through the heart – make sure each section is still connected to the center smaller heart**
- Twist each strip outwards away from each other starting from the two bottom pieces at the tip of the heart. Be sure to pinch the ends together so they don’t pull apart while baking. (See Photo Below As Reference For Step 11 and 12)
- Continue to twist each strip in the opposite direction pinching the ends for each strip. (See Photo Below)
- Place heart and parchment paper onto large baking sheet into the oven at 400° F for about 20 minutes until the edges turn a nice golden brown.
- Remove from oven and Enjoy!